30 Apr The Importance of Artwork: What Does An Art Consultant Do?
Art is the expression of creative skill and imagination. Artwork is just as important as it is underappreciated. You don’t have to have a degree in art studies to hang up some nice pieces in your business or home.
Art pieces aren’t just important because of their aesthetic, however, and can actually evoke positive feelings, emotions, and even provide a boost in productivity. If you’re looking to improve the look and feel of your commercial establishment, it’s best to work with experienced art design consultants.
What does an art consultant do?
Art in the workplace isn’t just a nice little perk — it’s a necessity for performance. In fact, 94% of survey respondents believe that art makes their workplace more welcoming and 61% agree it stimulates creativity. As for as healthcare establishments, Arts for Health conducted a feasibility study where they placed 18 large pieces of local art on the walls and added pieces to some patients’ rooms: patients stated the art made them feel more at home and more comfortable.
Art consultants can help transform a business, a healthcare facility, a hotel, and so much more. These professionals work alongside interior designers and help specify, procure, customize, print, frame, and install all kinds of beautiful art. A fine painting is wonderful and even necessary for most commercial establishments, but there are plenty of other options, as well. Sculptures, signage, greenery, and other accessories can be transformed into aesthetically pleasing artwork for your building’s interior.
Here are some of the specific services that experienced art consultants can offer:
- Appraisals by a certified fine art appraiser.
- Developing and budgeting art plans.
- Crating, shipping, and insurance.
- Offering an unlimited variety of artwork from local and global artists.
- Art leasing programs.
- Collection showcasing: fine art, originals, limited editions, photography, prints on demand, historic and vintage pieces.
- Showcasing educational exhibits.
- Professional installation, framing, and setup.
- Printing art to fit any size and substrate: paper, canvas, bamboo, aluminum, acrylic, and more.
- Commissioned site-specific murals.
- Procurement including documentation and licensing.
- Indoor and outdoor wall wraps and signage.
- Sculptures, accessories, and custom mirrors.
- Dimensional and alternative wall art.
If you’re still asking yourself “What does an art consultant do?” and want to take advantage of professional art consulting services, give SmArtArt a call today!